Originally named The Full Gospel Church of Carnegie (FGC), Hillside Christian Community was founded in 1956 when a small group of people began to meet to study the Bible under Rev. Leonard Fox.
By 1960, the FGC purchased property at 600 Washington Avenue and began a new sanctuary. From 1962-1982, FGC was an affiliate church of the Assemblies of God and was under the leadership of Assembly pastors.
In 1982, under the leadership of its new pastor, David R. Morgan, the church stepped away from affiliation with the Assemblies of God to broaden its outreach to a wider spectrum of the Christian community and became known as an interdenominational congregation.
In 1984, our present sanctuary was erected to accommodate the growing congregation. From 1956 to today, the Hand of God’s blessing has been upon the congregation. It is the hope and desire of the HCC family that it is a positive influence in the community reaching out to young people, children, the elderly, families, and single parents to equip them in the Word of God so they may actively serve the Lord with all their hearts, enjoying the blessing, provision, and faithfulness of God upon their lives daily.
On August 28, 2013 Ben Kendrew was voted in as the eighth senior pastor of HCC. Pastor Ben Kendrew was installed by former Sr. Pastor David R. Morgan on Sunday, September 1, 2013 during the worship service. Pastor David R. Morgan retired from HCC on December 22, 2013 and now lives with his wife Cherrie in Tenneessee.
The mission of Hillside Christian Community is to reach others for the sake of the Gospel, in order to help people grow in their faith and send them out into the world for the Gospel. We look forward to seeing you at Hillside Christian Commuity.