We believe that God has called us together to receive life-giving practical truths from the Living Word of God – truths that are relevant to the times in which we live and truths that works do as much good on Wednesday and Thursday as they do on Sunday mornings. We believe that God has called us together that we might grow together, developing the gifts, skills, and talents that God has put within us for His glory and for His honor.
We are a spirit-filled, interdenominational body of believers, and for over two decades, we have been committed to three very specific things as part of our vision and purpose as a congregation:
1) That we would worship the Lord with all of our hearts;
2) That we would honor and embrace His Word without reservation; and
3) That we would love one another unconditionally.
We believe that these three principles are the foundation upon which God has called this congregation to grow and to function. Worship is the highest privilege of any believer, and when we come together as a body, something incredible happens as we begin to release worship and praise unto God in a way of which He is worthy. God’s Word declares itself to be alive, sharp, and powerful. When we embrace God’s Word and endeavor to live according to the teachings and principles of God’s Word, incredible and unbelievable things happen in our lives. When we set our hearts—even in our failings—to attempt to desire and attempt to love one another as Christ has loved us, we grow and mature in a marvelous fashion.
Our goal and our vision is with God’s help and by His grace and the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit to reach toward these goals and become the people that God has called us to be.
We would love for you to join us and be a part of this church family as we worship, learn, and grow together in God’s love and grace.
Originally named The Full Gospel Church of Carnegie (FGC), Hillside Christian Community was founded in 1956 when a small group of people began to meet to study the Bible under Rev. Leonard Fox.
By 1960, the FGC purchased property at 600 Washington Avenue and began a new sanctuary. From 1962-1982, FGC was an affiliate church of the Assemblies of God and was under the leadership of Assembly pastors.
In 1982, under the leadership of its new pastor, David R. Morgan, the church stepped away from affiliation with the Assemblies of God to broaden its outreach to a wider spectrum of the Christian community and became known as an interdenominational congregation.
In 1984, our present sanctuary was erected to accommodate the growing congregation. From 1956 to today, the Hand of God’s blessing has been upon the congregation. It is the hope and desire of the HCC family that it is a positive influence in the community reaching out to young people, children, the elderly, families, and single parents to equip them in the Word of God so they may actively serve the Lord with all their hearts, enjoying the blessing, provision, and faithfulness of God upon their lives daily.
On August 28, 2013 Ben Kendrew was voted in as the eighth senior pastor of HCC. Pastor Ben Kendrew was installed by former Sr. Pastor David R. Morgan on Sunday, September 1, 2013 during the worship service. Pastor David R. Morgan retired from HCC on December 22, 2013 and now lives with his wife Cherrie in Tenneessee.